Traditionally gathered from deep in a remote, pristine forest, African Bronze is full of antioxidants and rich in micro-nutrients. This full-flavoured, tropical honey is a multi-floral honey, full with the flavours and scents of the miombo forest.
- This is the way honey used to be before commercial agriculture, pasteurization and ultra-filtering.
- Produced by traditional beekeepers using bark hives from wild forest bees.
- Sourced from the pristine wilderness at the headwaters of the mighty Zambezi River.
- Raw, Unpasteurized, Gravity Filtered.
- Pesticide Free, GMO Free and Organic.
- SIZE: NET WT. 350 G / 12 OZ
- Delicious in coffee or tea.
- Cook with it.
- Bake with it - this honey makes bread and cakes taste better and stay fresh longer.
- Use on minor cuts, scrapes and burns… honey has serious antibacterial properties.
- Hot lemon and honey are great together to ease a cold.
- If you know someone who makes beer, tell them to try carbonating with African Bronze Honey!
Pure Zambian Certified Organic honey.
- Infants under one year of age should not be fed unpasteurized honey.
- All natural honey will crystallize. To liquefy, heat in warm water to 45C/115F.
- Bottle cap and label are 100% recyclable.
A product of Zambia, bottled in Canada.
Traditional Zambian Forest Honey
AFRICAN BRONZE HONEY COOKIES
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup African Bronze honey
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Mix together the butter, sugar and honey until thoroughly blended
- Add the egg and mix until well blended
- Measure out the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix well
- Add to the honey mixture and combine until just well mixed
- Spoon onto cookie sheets (use non-stick sheets or add baking parchment)
- Bake in 375º oven for 7 to 9 minutes until set and light brown in color. They should be darker brown around the edges
- Cool on wire rack for 3 to 5 minutes
Makes 24 cookies.
AFRICAN BRONZE HONEY CAKE
The cake is moist and flavorful without being too sweet.
1 1/2 cups (180 grams) organic red-fife whole wheat flour
2 cups (250 grams) organic white flour (unbleached)
1 1/2 tablespoon (15 grams) baking powder
1 teaspoon (5